Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bloodfever (Fever Series #2) by Karen Marie Moning


2/5 Stars

B&N:


I used to think my sister and I were just two nice southern girls who'd get married in a few years and settle down to a quiet life. Then I discovered that Alina and I descend, not from good wholesome southern stock, but from an ancient Celtic bloodline of powerful sidhe-seers, people who can see the Fae. Not only can I see the terrifying otherworldly race, but I can sense the sacred Fae relics that hold the deadliest of their magic.

When my sister was found dead in a trash-filled alley in Dublin, I came over to get answers. Now all I want is revenge. And after everything I've learned about myself, I know I have the power to get it....

MacKayla Lane's ordinary life underwent a complete makeover when she landed on Ireland's shores and was plunged into a world of deadly sorcery and ancient secrets.

In her fight to stay alive, Mac must find the Sinsar Dubh-a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over both the worlds of the Fae and of Man. Pursued by Fae assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she cannot trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and irresistible men: V'lane, the insatiable Fae who can turn sensual arousal into an obsession for any woman, and the ever-inscrutable Jericho Barrons, a man as alluring as he is mysterious.

For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them....

My Review:

Ok. So, this is the 2nd book in the series. Again, not extremely happy with it. Yes, it's good. Yes, it kept me reading because I wanted to know what was going to happen....but that's the thing. These books seem like teeny installments on what's happening. Like they're almost 300 pages but with the overall plot...not much happens. I think that's what annoys me.

I do really like the characters. I think they're very well developed, but it just seems like it's taking way too long for the plot to move on.

It seems like the author just wanted to make a series, so she extended little things to get more books out. It looks like there are 5 books, when I think the entire story could have been told in probably 3ish.

Another thing that really really annoyed me was how much the author back tracks during the book (especially at the beginning). Like she gives you all the information about what happened in book 1 all over again. I know authors do this sometimes to get people caught up, especially if the books came out far apart, but really... you don't need to tell us everything again! It put me in a bad mood reading the book and not liking it which may have caused me to just be thoroughly annoyed for the rest of the book.

Does the author do a good job of making you want to read the next book? Of course because she just ends the book. It seems like it's more so an end of a chapter instead of the end of the book.

I will read the rest of the series because I do want to know what's happening and have answers answered.

Again- this is probably just my opinion. I'm seeing it's being rated 4 stars everywhere else.

A good book, just one that annoyed me.

No comments: