Friday, July 8, 2011

Waiting for You by Susane Colasanti


2/5 Stars

B&N:


It's sophomore year, and Marisa is ready for a fresh start and, hopefully, her first real boyfriend. But after popular Derek asks her out, things get complicated. Not only do her parents unexpectedly separate, but Marisa has a fight with her best friend, and Derek-the love of her life-delivers a shocking disappointment. The only things keeping Marisa together are the podcasts from the anonymous DJ, who seems to totally understand Marisa. But she doesn't know who he is . . . or maybe she does.


My Review:

This is the second book by this author that I've read. I must say, not a huge huge fan. I remember thinking the same thing about another of her's. I have a couple more of hers on my Nook and I will probably end up reading them, but not really excited about it. You know how when you find an author that you really enjoy you're wicked excited about reading the author's other work...yea not so much with this one.

What didn't I like about it? Well, it was kind of slow in the beginning...and the middle. I really only started enjoying it the last 1/4th of the book. The main female character annoyed me. She was pretty whinny. She has anxiety- which all fine and good (I have anxiety), but all she did was kind of complain to herself and then yearn for this guy (but in an annoying way).

I did like her childhood friend though. His character was developed better than the main character.

I'm all about character development. :)

No comments: