Monday, April 5, 2010

Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder


4/5 Stars

My Summary:

Trella is a Scrub. Scrubs are insignificant nobodies who roam the bottom two levels. They do all the dirty work because they're scrubs. The Uppers live in peace and luxury.

Trella lives in the pipes that she cleans. She doesn't want interact with any of the Scrubs; she just wants to be left alone to explore.

This plan was working for her until someone sought her out for help. But helping would disrupt Trella's world. The Pop Cops don't want this world disrupted and will take-out anyone who tries.

By helping, she'll learn things about her world that the Pop Cops and controllers do not want anyone to know. She'll learn the truth about the Uppers, about her world, about relationships, about her "family," and about herself.

Trella starts a rebellion. One she can't stop. But, does she really want to stop it?


My Review:

I really enjoyed this book. The beginning was a little confusing due to the different world Maria created. It took me a few minutes to really wrap my mind around it. It is such a different world she created- through pipes and floor levels. Some of her explanations were a bit much for me because I couldn't understand what she was talking about at first, but as I kept reading I figured out I just needed to know the basics to get the story going.

The character of Trella was created very well. She is strong and determined. She complains a lot about not caring and not wanting to change things and not believing...but one can see through that before she does.

Moving through the story and seeing her relationships with the different characters was very interesting. Seeing how she interacted with one character but not others.

The suspense was perfect. Enough to keep one reading. There were some good twists throughout the book. I enjoyed at the end how I figured something out, Trella knew it, but another character couldn't put two and two together.

The really liked the character Riley. I kept wanting Trella and Riley to spend more time together.

On the last page you find out the book will be in a series. That was crushing because it's not out yet! I will definitely pick up the next one.

No comments: