Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Frostbite by Richelle Mead #2 Vampire Academy Series


4/5 Stars

I'm not putting the B&N summary because it would give too much away...

My Review:


I liked this book. It made me want to read the rest of the series. The part I wasn't thrilled with was the prologue. The author basically retells everything that happened in the 1st book.... I understand needing to catch the reader up with a little reminding...but no need to retell the entire 1st book. If someone is starting the series on the 2nd book- that's their fault. Those of us who read the 1st book didn't need the 1st 5 pages to just be a summary of the 1st book.

Besides that I really enjoyed it. The characters were much better developed than the 1st book. I finished it in one day and wanted to go out and get the 3rd book right away.

I started reading the House of Night book, Marked, first and then read Vampire Academy because they seemed to have similar plot lines- but they're pretty different. I picked up the 2nd House of Night book, Betrayed, and couldn't get into it. I wanted the 3rd book of the Academy one. So, after I read all the ones that are out for the Academy one, then I'll go back to the House of Night series.

Then maybe the Sookie series... or whatever it's called. Not sure if I can handle it though due to the horrendous writing

No comments: